Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 55, messages 41 to 60 of 1086
Steve_

• Total Posts : 2153
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 19:03 (permalink)
Page 2 and already an argument between Russe and Heir. That's got to be a record.

russe200

• Total Posts : 766
    Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 19:08 (permalink)
    Synfection

russe200

Synfection

Russe, don't want to be picky, but your defintion of supporter is strange. Someone can support their club in ways other than attending games. For example, buying products from the club, subscribing to Sky benefits the club financially and therefore you are supporting the cause.

Well a supporter in the term, will get behind the team and physically support them in person...

You cant really say the same for a guy who bought a shirt or paid for sky, can you. Its not a snobbery thing, i understand for many reasons people cant go, but buying a shirt and traveling all over the country to watch them is totaly different. Its just my opinion, not saying its correct.

I agree it's a different culture for sure. I feel much more a part of the club following them at home and away when ever I physically can go (or can afford to go). You certainly learn a lot more about rivalries, club traditions, routines etc. I'd only really disagree with you on the definition of 'support'. As I say, though, I was being picky 

well exactly as you say... maybe its the wrong use of the term supporter, but you cant deny that its a different thing entirely....

And Heir, just to play a little longer.... you missed out what i replied to.... the bit where i said me and Brammy are the only two mancunians to post ??? ringing any bells... the post where you said "until now" followed by responding

"Your from cheshire you goon "

First of all it was a bit of a joke, i assumed you would have picked up on that consodering the other previous... and its factualy correct, Mancunians are not from Cheshire...

So, What, The, ****, Are, You, Moaning, About, you , massive, mard, arse, gimp....

Heir Apparent

• Total Posts : 562
      Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 19:15 (permalink)
      russe200
       And Heir, just to play a little longer.... you missed out what i replied to.... the bit where i said me and Brammy are the only two mancunians to post ??? ringing any bells... the post where you said "until now" followed by responding

"Your from cheshire you goon "

First of all it was a bit of a joke, i assumed you would have picked up on that consodering the other previous... and its factualy correct, Mancunians are not from Cheshire...

So, What, The, ****, Are, You, Moaning, About, you , massive, mard, arse, gimp....

You directed it me, declaring that I'm not able to call myself a Mancunian despite being born & educated in Greater Manchester and working there every day, because my location doesn't satisfy your criteria of what makes a Mancunian?

You do realise Altrincham, Hale, Bowdon, Stockport, Cheadle, Bramhall, Marple, Poynton etc are all in Cheshire and Greater Manchester right? So you're wrong on pretty much every count?

So, why, the, fuck, are, you, in, a, United, thread, determining, whether, people, are, Mancunians, or, not, based, off, one, word, in, a, profile...? 

russe200

Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 19:40 (permalink)
        Hahaha... this is laughable...

Why do you have to twist everything into an argument ? It was even said with the tounge out, because i thought id be very clear since its you..

But clearly its my fault for not knowing the geneology of every one i speak to on the
        internet. (Since it was clearly a little joke that you have taken serious and to heart, i feel i should point out that last comment was also sarcastic and in no way serious..... )

Just admit you took it all a little to serious and wound yourself up.. You are still doing it now pointing out places on the map for me.... But, and i just cant resist.. for the ultimate record of how much you took all this to heart, missed the whole point and made an argument out of nothing...

Old Traffords in the City of Salford..... so it's not from Manchester is it ?

Again tounge out gif... because ?

Llewellyn

• Total Posts : 997
          Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 19:44 (permalink)
          I'd think that as it's a common wind-up by City fans towards United's, the "" smiley and the fact that I'm pretty sure judging from the conversation the quip came from he wasn't doubting your entire childhood and upbringing, he was just making a throw-away gag about you living in Cheshre (much like City fans saying United are in Salford not Manchester etc, it's not 100% serious)...

Heir Apparent

Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 19:51 (permalink)
            russe200

Hahaha... this is laughable...

Why do you have to twist everything into an argument ? It was even said with the tounge out, because i thought id be very clear since its you..

But clearly its my fault for not knowing the geneology of every one i speak to on the
            internet. (Since it was clearly a little joke that you have taken serious and to heart, i feel i should point out that last comment was also sarcastic and in no way serious..... )

Just admit you took it all a little to serious and wound yourself up.. You are still doing it now pointing out places on the map for me.... But, and i just cant resist.. for the ultimate record of how much you took all this to heart, missed the whole point and made an argument out of nothing...

Old Traffords in the City of Salford..... so it's not from Manchester is it ?

Again tounge out gif... because ?

Follow your own advice and look at all the messages, especially my response to you, which if you'll pay attention included a 

Then you decided to to argue everything I said after that, it's difficult to not descend into argument when you turn everything I say into something to argue against. I swear you'd argue against the sky being blue if I said it on here...

russe200

Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 19:55 (permalink)

heresy123

• Total Posts : 23
                Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 21:29 (permalink)
                No mention of the fact Utd were just beaten by the famous Aberdeen? 

Heir Apparent

Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 21:29 (permalink)
                  Anderson scored an ace goal... 

Leemo

• Total Posts : 3057
                    Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 21:57 (permalink)
                    ToolGod

Leemo

I'm Mancunian, I just don't live there anymore.

Isn't that what half of Asia say? 

Never met a UTD fan living in Manc though .. 

I've never spoken to half of Asia, so I don't know. But I'm originally from Swinton in Salford which is a stones throw from OT. Would you like me to be more specific to make my statement seem more legitimate?

Froy

• Total Posts : 555
                      Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 14 August 2012 22:15 (permalink)
                      Russe was clearly joking. Heirs just got his knickers in a twist again.

yorkshirerocker

• Total Posts : 1685
                        Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 15 August 2012 09:49 (permalink)
                        Steve_

Page 2 and already an argument between Russe and Heir. That's got to be a record.

Exactly what I thought when I came into the thread, and it's the first thread I've come into today

I understand where Syn is coming from, but I'm going to agree with Russe. Think a "fan/supporter" is someone who turns up to the games on a regular basis and cheers them on.

Leemo

Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 15 August 2012 10:01 (permalink)
                          So somebody who is poor and can't afford the £40 for a ticket isn't a supporter? Alright then...

Hal9000

• Total Posts : 958
                            Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 15 August 2012 10:03 (permalink)
                            It's a **** definition. There is various reasons why people can't get to games often.

Given the cost to watch football now, it's no longer affordable to the masses. That's even for people living locally.

What about the amount of kids that live and breathe football, and pretend to be there fav player in the park. Are those kids not real fans? 

<message edited by Hal9000 on 15 August 2012 10:04>

Slops

• Total Posts : 9438
                              Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 15 August 2012 10:08 (permalink)
                              Caino

Is this going to descend into some sort of Top Gear challenge? 

Russe: You'll be taking the open top bus.

Heir: you've got Nick Powell's Corsa

Listen to our E.P. at Spotify / Youtube / Bandcamp (Free Download) and like us at Facebook!
                              Find me at my Overused Facebook or my Underused Twitter

Leemo

Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 15 August 2012 10:09 (permalink)
                                The definition of a 'supporter' is rather simple, somebody who 'supports' their club. There's no minimum must spend to define yourself as a fan, that's just stupid.

Slops

Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 15 August 2012 10:11 (permalink)

Listen to our E.P. at Spotify / Youtube / Bandcamp (Free Download) and like us at Facebook!

yorkshirerocker

• Total Posts : 1685
                                    Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 15 August 2012 10:19 (permalink)
                                    Hal9000

It's a **** definition. There is various reasons why people can't get to games often.

Given the cost to watch football now, it's no longer affordable to the masses. That's even for people living locally.

What about the amount of kids that live and breathe football, and pretend to be there fav player in the park. Are those kids not real fans? 

Fair enough.

Though it's still the way I see it.

Heir Apparent

Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 15 August 2012 10:28 (permalink)
                                      Bone

I was caught on CCTV

In Manchester, natch

Slops

Re:Manchester United - southern armchair glory supporters and proud 15 August 2012 10:29 (permalink)
                                        I know a lot of passionate United fans who simply can't afford to go often or at all, aye.

I can't be doing with the whole 'x is a better supporter than y because x goes to games and y lives miles away' nonsense. It is, after all, only a game.  
                                        <message edited by Bone on 15 August 2012 10:32>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                          Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 55, messages 41 to 60 of 1086

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                          • No New Messages
                                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                                          • Read Message
                                          • Post New Thread
                                          • Reply to message
                                          • Post New Poll
                                          • Submit Vote
                                          • Post reward post
                                          • Delete my own posts
                                          • Delete my own threads
                                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9

If you find a bad forum post or account name that violates the Forums Code Of Conduct, you can report it here